Tropical Occasions is a full service Wedding Design and Coordination firm.
As Costa Rica's premier planners and designers we have established ourselves as the most sought after event planning company for Destination Weddings in Costa RIca. With over 700 events planned since we opened our doors in 1999 (Costa Rica's first Wedding planning company to exist) we have worked with every vendor and venue the country has to offer. We look forward to working with you to plan an unforgettable event.
Our letter to Tropical Occasions and our amazing wedding planner, Karen Ogden...
I can't even begin to tell you how much we appreciated having you part of our special day, week, and year! This single event created many memories for everyone involved, for a lifetime. The visual, organization, and all the special moments made, were all a result of your hard work, professionalism and vast experience. This trip brought our families, as well as some complete strangers together as life long friends. Your event planning, local knowledge and awesome connections, left us all with a bond that will never be broken. Also, thank you for keeping me calm on my day when I was feeling overwhelmed. It helped me so much!!
No joke! After this trip everyone wants to plan a trip in 2014 for a reunion, partially due to the smooth skills of one Karen Ogden and of course Tropical Occasions!
We miss everything about this trip! The location was PERFECT.
Carlos the chef was amazing. He was always on time, was respectful, as well as hardworking AND he created some very delicious meals.
Eli was also a pivotal part of our Villa Pelicano experience. She worked tirelessly to maintain the beauty of our villa with 11 people running around with drinks! The bathrooms were immaculate and the sheets were always clean! I have no idea how many loads of laundry she did, but we will be eternally grateful!
Jorge the groundskeeper and Jarrol the security guard need mention as well! Jorge was never short of coconuts, and the grounds were always kept beautiful!
Jarrol was always helpful finding us a cab, giving directions, and was never tardy opening the gate!
Chloe was the best!! We loved our shoot adventure and we loved having her part of our day as well. Can't wait to see the photos!
Again, thank you and everyone at Tropical Occasions for making our special day a dream come true!!!
We will not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who wishes to marry abroad. One of our best decisions yet!
It was sad to say goodbye. We hope that someday in the future we will see each other again. You are part of our family now. We will definitely keep in touch!
Lots of Love,
The Mitchell Family :)
I’m an extreme researcher, I for some reason love spending hours on my couch with my laptop researching just about anything. I read all of the reviews I could about Tropical Occasions, I looked at wedding photographers blogs and found weddings that were done by Tropical Occasions, I talked to the photographers I was considering hiring and got their opinion, you name it, I researched it. But what stuck out the most, of any of the research I did, was when I actually talked to Aimee on the phone. Right then I knew that this work was her life’s passion, that she puts everything she has into each and every wedding that her company produces, and she takes incredible pride when the bride and groom have the time of their lives…that’s the person I want in charge of my wife and I’s big day.
So now for the fun reasons:
1. They’re on top of it, and I mean SUPER on top of it. Karen, our on-site coordinator could plan an event that included the leaders of the world….blindfolded.
2. Their designs are amazing. We had a few conference calls to talk about design, and for the most part we let Aimee work her magic and everything she proposed sounded awesome to us. We decided to stay somewhat low-key on the design details and let Tropical Occasions take care of that for us. They did not disappoint. It’s two months later and I’m still hearing from my friends how gorgeous everything turned out, it was straight out of a movie.
3. They worked within our budget. We were stretching the bank big time just to have a wedding, let alone the wedding of our dreams. Somehow, Aimee and Karen were able to keep the budget within our budget while also having all sorts of little details that made it so special. They helped us with ideas on what we could cut out, or substitute, to help save some money.
4. They can deal with an emergency. We had a little accident right before the wedding, the mother of the bride fell down concrete steps, severely bruising her face, breaking her wrist, and spraining her ankle. Karen was there to help us with whatever we needed, and day-of she came up with a plan that allowed the mother of the bride to still walk her daughter down the aisle without a cane.
5. They are able to keep the day of stress free. Karen set a rule to everyone the night before the wedding at the rehearsal dinner. No one was allowed to ask the bride or groom a question. Instead a representative was appointed by the bride and groom to field all questions and immediately call Karen to handle them. This was AMAZING. The bride and I were both feeling great before the wedding…not stressed out, no panicking, heck I was sitting in a pool with a beer in my trying to even out my tan. Karen took care of EVERYTHING, and we weren’t the wiser.
6. Their help doesn’t stop with just wedding planning. Aimee and Karen gave us a ton of advice on where we should go on our honeymoon.
7. They can plan the full package. If you’re not a planner and lose sleep at the thought of getting your guests from the airport to the resort, or putting on a welcome dinner or cocktail party, don’t worry, Tropical Occasions has you covered. They can plan anything you dream up...and then some.
I can safely say that there is no conceivable way that we could have even had a wedding, let alone such a perfect one without Tropical Occasions. At the conclusion of our year and a half of planning, there’s also no other PEOPLE, I would want to have shared that experience with than Aimee and Karen.
Wonderful women, put on a fabulous wedding for us- much more than we ever expected and dealt with our 100 person count fabulously. Great decor, great style, and timing, they thought of everything. I still had to plan quite a bit on my end and keep track of all the guests and activities, but that goes without saying when you have a destination wedding- be prepared! However, our guests had so much fun they are all planning to go back next year- that says it all!
To write a review, you must login first.